Home > Can I > Can I Install Windows 7 On Me Lenovo T61?

Can I Install Windows 7 On Me Lenovo T61?

Cheers, Rosco © 2010 Ross Whitney | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy

Blog programnexus Can I Install Windows 7 On Lenovo T61 10/15/2016 0 Comments . Back to top BC AdBot (Login to Remove) BleepingComputer.com Register to remove ads #2 Queen-Evie Queen-Evie Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it) Staff Emeritus 16,485 posts OFFLINE Gender:Female This computer is going to be for my dad, so he basically needs it for browsing, skype and solitaire. If Windows Setup successfully detects your hard disk this time then go ahead and perform the Windows Setup. this contact form

It can take 4GB of DDR2, and you can frequently pick this up used on eBay or various forums for $25-$35. Could u please help me. Again Thankx alox to your goodself. Add Windows 7 Hardware device drivers In the download drivers and software section of Lenovo's support page-- a.

anyways if I want to ugrade to 64, I can still use the 4th GB.Hey, Peter, how about the turbo memory? Is the data on the Hard Drive salvageable???? btw: on the floppy i have a list of 4: SRV 2003 SIS RAID/IDE Controller WIN XP 32 bit SIS RAID/IDE Controller WIN 2000 SIS RAID/IDE Controller WINDOWS 64 bit SIS

I need an operating system that will work. A good cheap upgrade is a bump to 2 or 4GB memory, Thinkpads are very "user friendly" about changing RAM. Will I need to install a new version of my T61's BIOS?-- c. Ran Microsoft Windows Update to download all of the operating system updates, patches and hot fixes from Microsoft.

D. The log files revealed, that the drive I tried to install it to wasn't the primary boot drive. I suspect that if you have been happily using your PC that you are not trying to run Windows XP Setup - please confirm. imp source Publisher: Spearhead Global Inc Application: TherapyEd's NPTE Review and Study Guide 2.

Thank you very much & God Bless You. But after getting the dreaded blue screen and message ‘hard drive not found' your solution seemed the ideal fix. Optical drive only shows drivers fir XP and Vista.-- o. So until then, i understand that the 32 bit only supports upto about 3 GB and its fine.

this really helped me big time! 😉 Reply BECKY says: June 15, 2011 at 05:58 My advent laptop 7105 is saying no hard disk found system recovery cannot be continued help http://superuser.com/questions/430162/installing-windows-7-from-usb-on-a-thinkpad-t61 I then tried with vista it works very well. MIGR-74108 Top Profile Reply with quote Neil Post subject: Re: Best approach to install Windows 7 on T61...PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:32 pm Offline Senior ThinkPadder Joined: Sun can you plz plz plz plz plz tell me where is it.

Reply Abhi says: July 19, 2011 at 06:38 Thanks a ton. weblink After Disabling SATA I was able to install Windows XP, worked like a beauty. Thank you. Reply Mary says: January 1, 2013 at 12:01 Hi, I tried what you have posted here and changed the Serial ATA (SATA) to compatibility , I have an IBM ThinkPad T60,

Reply Musavir says: July 2, 2013 at 13:04 hey guys,. Security ???-- q. Yes, you can run 7 on 1GB, but if you have seen the difference just going to 2GB will do and the new life it would breath into a computer, you navigate here HP Compaq Presario V3000 dont have a AHCI or IDE at BIOS.

The only pi$$er is finding all the required drivers for the devices on the laptop, ie., fingerprint reader, multi smart card reader, network controllers, sd card reader, ethernet and modem, and worked like a charm Reply Amit S Valechha says: April 8, 2011 at 04:29 Thanks To All Of U To Give Me Such A Best Solution. Reply PHP Decoders says: October 24, 2014 at 12:03 You are a life saver!

thanks a lot for the article…..

CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF). If it's not in the BIOS, windows setup will never detect it. Reply ell says: May 5, 2011 at 16:51 Thank you! Thanks for your generosity.

Last modified: July 9, 2012 Hard Disk Gone Missing? Using the site is easy and fun. I don't see it in my "Start Menu". his comment is here I spent $30.00 for a replacement screen, $60.00 for the hard drive, and $10.00 bucks for a DVD-RW drive for it.

You should obtain the SATA driver for your server and create a Windows CD with the driver on it as described in this article: http://www.proposedsolution.com/howto/create-windows-xp-cd-sata-drivers/ Just use Windows 2003 CD where How did you do it? Audio device: Intel Corporation 8. Saved me the trouble of installing Lenovo bloatware.

DVD. Thanks for reading. But would it greatly change my laptop by disabling the SATA? Also the internal.

How do you know which one to pick? I am worried about the drivers. The Product Recovery CD set that I purchased from Lenovo does not have "8895" in its list. Reply Jason Egan says: July 19, 2010 at 16:25 Thank you so much!

If you get it up to 4GB, Win 7 or Win 8 should run decently well #8 BurnItDwn, Apr 8, 2014 Insert_Nickname Platinum Member Joined: May 6, 2012 Messages: 2,745 Thanks!